Monday, August 02, 2010

Explaining Software Design Patterns to a non-developer…

CodeProject - How I explained Design Patterns to my wife : Part 1

“Learning Object Oriented Design Patterns through some interesting conversations

Introduction

Me and my wife had some interesting conversations on Object Oriented Design principles. After publishing the conversation on CodeProject, I did get some good responses from the community and I am really inspired. So, I am happy to share our next conversation that took place on Object Oriented Design patterns. Here it is.

What is Design Pattern?

Shubho : I guess you already have some basic idea about the Object Oriented Design principles. We had some nice talks on the OOD principles (SOLID principles), and I hope you didn’t mind, I published our conversation in a CodeProject article. You can find it here:

How I explained OOD to my wife

Design patterns are nothing but application of those principles in some specific and common situations, and standardizing some of those. Let’s try to understand what design patterns are by some examples.

Farhana : Sure, I love examples.

How I explained Design Patterns to my wife  Part 1 - CodeProject…”

I thought this a cute article/post… I doubt I’m going to be having this conversation with my wife, but there are other non-developers that I know where this might come in handy.

No comments: