Windows Phone 7 + Azure = App Joy (or "Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone v1.3 released" or "Same Wade, Same Toolkit, Different Device, Different Blog...")
To make it easier for Windows Phone developers to use Windows Azure, we have created the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone. This toolkit provides a set of Visual Studio project templates that give you an advanced starting point for building Windows Phone applications tied into services running in Windows Azure. The toolkit also includes libraries, sample applications, and documentation.
Today we’ve released version 1.3 which includes some great updates, including:
- Support for SQL Azure as a membership provider.
- Support for SQL Azure as a data source through using OData.
- Updates for the Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio 1.4 and the Windows Phone Developer Tools 7.1 RC.
- Upgraded the web application ASP.NET MVC 3.
- Shipped the full source code to BabelCam, which is now available in the Windows Phone Marketplace.
For more information on this release you can watch this video on Channel 9:
Showing the WATD (Windows Azure Toolkit for Devices) WP7 love too... :)
I liked the depth in this post, which provides a good depth in detail to get you up and running with WATD.
Related Past Post XRef:
Windows Azure Toolkits for Devices now in Android flavor too!
Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7 v1.2.0 released - Apple Push, Azure Storage Queue, ACS2 and more…
Windows Azure and Window Phone 7 is like beer and peanuts, with the "Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7"