"I’m pleased to announce the release of Version 2 for the Windows Phone Starter Kit for Schools!
Thanks to some AWESOME help and source code changes submitted by Rudy Hyun, I was able to incorporate a bunch of new stuff into a new version of the Starter Kit.
- added localization support (fr and en included)
- switched to Google Weather service (previous service was US only)
- merged map panorama items
- added a popup to select contact method on the contact pano (previous was hard to select)
- added a campus view to navigate to the image (pinch/zoom/translate, etc)
- improved the MVVM implementation
- some refactoring of the data files and codebase
- added club tab (item data + subtitle – can be removed if unwanted)
- various code and performance tweaks
I am just a sucker... for Starter Kits, that is. I like how they help me hit the ground running with an am, helping me focus on my specific requirements and not have to worry about other ick (if I don't want too at least).
Related Past Post XRef:
MySchoolApp - Windows Phone 7 Starter Kit for building a, well, My School App... (C# and VB)