"Microsoft Learning is thrilled to announce a new Jump Start for developers focused on building apps for Windows Phone 8. This special live online course is scheduled for two full days of fast-paced, demo-rich sessions led by Microsoft Technical Evangelist, Andy Wigley, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Strategist, Rob Tiffany. Andy and Rob are two of the most respected experts in mobile app development and are excited to help C#/XAML developers get the most out of the Windows 8 platform.
What: Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jump Start
Date: November 28-29, 2012
Time: 7:00am – 5:00pm PST
Target audience: Application Developers who want a fast-paced, real-world understanding of how to leverage C# and XAML to build apps for Windows Phone 8
Accelerated, engaging, demo-rich virtual learning experience – no hands-on labs.
- Where: Live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are)
- Cost: FREE!
- Target audience: Application developers and architects who want a fast-paced and real-world learning experience focused on leveraging C#/XAML to build apps for Windows Phone 8.
This two-day course is specially tailored for developers looking to leverage C#/XAML to build cool apps and games for Windows Phone 8. Clearly, this platform is another leap forward in Microsoft’s overall mobile strategy and the developer community has taken notice. Now is the time to embrace your opportunity and start building Windows Phone apps.
This fast-paced, demo-rich online course features Andy Wigley, one of the most sought-after mobile app developers on the planet. If you’re a developer or architect who needs to move beyond the hype and come face-to-face with what’s real, you will love this experience.
• Module 1a: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development | P1
• Module 1b: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development | P2
• Module 2: Designing Windows Phone 8 Apps
• Module 3: Building Windows Phone 8 Apps
• Module 4: Files and Storage on Windows Phone 8
-- MEAL BREAK --
• Module 05: Windows Phone 8 Application Lifecycle
• Module 06: Background Agents
• Module 07: Tiles and Lock Screen Notifications
• Module 08: Push Notifications
• Module 09: Using Phone Resources in Windows Phone 8
• Module 10: App to App Communication in Windows Phone 8
• Module 11: Network Communication in Windows Phone 8
• Module 12: Proximity Sensors and Bluetooth in Windows Phone 8
• Module 13: Speech Input in Windows Phone 8
• Module 14: Maps and Location in Windows Phone 8
• Module 15: Wallet Support, In-App Purchasing in Windows Phone 8
-- Meal Break --
• Module 16: The Windows Phone Store
• Module 17: Enterprise Application Publishing and Distribution in Windows Phone 8
• Module 18: Windows Phone 8 and Cross Platform App Development
• Module 19: Introduction to C++ Games Development
• Module 20: Windows Phone Team Q&A
What’s a “Jump Start” Course?
Training specifically designed for experienced technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.
This is a deal that's really hard to beat... If you're interested in developing for Windows Phone 8, this looks like a must attend event, and you don't even have to change out of our PJ's! (Okay, most will have this running on a second screen at work, but you get the idea... ;)