Friday, February 18, 2005

Side-by-side Assemblies

Side-by-side Assemblies

"Recently I've been researching into Isolated Applications and Side-by-side Assemblies [1] for one of my customers. I thought I'd share a few evidently little-known rules and gotchas around this technology. I actually have a lot of these, and I'm still collecting them, so I'll start with just a few here and I'll post some more in the future. I also plan to write an MSDN article on the subject so I'll post the link to that in due course.

First, Side-by-Side (SxS) with native COM components. ..."


Side-by-Side for native COM components might be something I'll need in the future...

Update: Here's another useful article on this topic, How To Build and Service Isolated Applications and Side-by-Side Assemblies for Windows XP

No comments: