Thursday, May 19, 2005

IIS Reporter - Real Time IIS Connected User Reporting

IIS Reporter - Real Time IIS Reporting

"IIS Reporter a real-time IIS monitor for displaying current connected users and anonymous users. It is currently released as an open source code to be modified and used at your discression. Please feel free to submit suggestions and ideas for changes.

The IIS reporter program source code is currently available at sourceforge. For more information please use the links on the right. ..."


"IIS reporter was created by Jim Becher to make life easier when administrating IIS servers.

" One day I had to update 8 of our IIS servers with a hot fix. I remote connected to each machine and had to run the hot fix. Before running the hot fix I wanted a simple way to check how may people were are the current web server. Instead of going to performance monitor / then adding the current users I decided to create a little application that would show me who was connected. And IIS Reporter was born"
"


I can see where this could help. I've been in the same boat...

(via Richard Dudley - Before You Recycle That IIS Process)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol... Dunno if I want to use something from an ASP.NET programmer who doesn't know how to restrict detailed error messages to local users...
"Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "