Thursday, August 04, 2005

VB.Net Code Sample for Burning Audio CDs

vbAccelerator - Writing Audio CDs

"This sample demonstrates how to burn audio CDs using the .NET IMAPI Wrapper from WAV files. Sample code is provided in both VB and C#.

Writing Audio CDs
The IMAPI Wrapper exposes both data (Joliet) and audio (Redbook) CD burning facilities. The design of IMAPI means that most of the functions to create a CD are common; the only difference between data and audio CDs is how you construct the image of the CD to be burnt on disc.

If you have not already, then read the article Writing Data CDs first, as that describes how to configure the library, respond to the events and perform an asynchronous burn operation which are all used in this sample. Rather than go over them again here, I'll just cover the differences in the image construction. ..."

I keep looking for just the right tool to get me into podcasting/blogcasting. I don't have an iPod, nor am I really jonesing for one...

What I want is a utility that will automatically download casts and then burn them to Audio CD's so I can listen to them in the car on the way to work. I want this utility to run during the night, so all I have to do is pick the already burned and ejected CD from the drive on the way out the door.

I've not seen anything that does this (but then again, I've not really looked all that hard either). So I keep thinking I might have to write something myself.

That is what sparked my interest in this "Write Audio CD" code sample...

Related Past Posts:
The Code Project - Aumplib: C# Namespace And Classes For Audio Conversion
BASS MP3/Audio DLL
Burn CDs right from your .NET code...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.