Monday, September 12, 2005

I know I'm Usually in the Dark, but Come On!

abc7.com: Worker Error Blamed For Blackout

So there I was at PDC, doing some "research" after lunch (yeah, I know, TMI).

POOF. No lights.

"Well this pretty much sucks"

Luckily the backup lights came on after just a few moments.

No one seemed to know what was going on, but given the statement made yesterday by the Bad Guys, everyone was on edge.

As you can imagine, getting a cell signal took a bit of patience. Finally I was able to connect with someone who gave me the scoop (as of that time). No Power. In most of LA. Blackout.

"Well this REALLY sucks"

And I took the MetroLink and MetroRail (subway/light rail) train to PDC today. I could see the Blue Line MetroRail from the Convention Center where I could see that it was still running. So I made the call.

"Screw this, I'm out of here"

Thus began my four hour trip home... The Blue Line (light rail) was running, just extremely slowly (think crossing streets with no crossing lights). The Red Line (subway) was also running behind too (to say the least). So it only took me an hour+ to get to Union station. Not too bad for a usual 15-25 minute trip.

The MetroLink (think Amtrak lite) was running on time, which was great. Unfortunately the next train was scheduled from an hour and a half from then.

From that point on it was just a waiting game. And a wondering game. Still no one really knew the cause of the black out. Every siren you heard, made you wonder...

Anyway, all in all, it could have been worse. All's well that end's well?

And in the end it's a crossed wire! Nice...

No comments: