Thursday, April 13, 2006

Windows Defender Beta 2 (But really more like beta 2.1... Build 1347)

Because it was a little unclear to me, I thought to blog about it...

MS just released Windows Defender Beta 2...

"Beta 2? But I thought they already released Beta 2? That Beta 2 was when it went from MS Antispyware to Defender?" Yep, you’re right. This is a Beta 2 Update/Refresh/etc.

I was willing to bet that this was like a Beta 2.1’ish. But being the AR guy that I am, I needed confirmation. So I grabbed a screenshot of my currently install version, downloaded and installed the latest version (1347) and compared.

Confirmed. It is an update to Beta 2...

(I’ve been trying to upload the screenshots to Blogger, but after a number of tries I’m giving up...sigh)

Before:
Windows Defender Version: 1.1.1015.0
Engine Version: 1.1.1303.0

After:

Windows Defender Version: 1.1.1347.0
Engine Version: 1.1.1303.0


(via The Road to Know Where - Microsoft Releases Windows Defender Beta 2 Update)

Technorati Tags:

No comments: