Monday, October 09, 2006

USB to IDE/SATA Bridge

Granite - USB 2.0 to SATA / IDE Bridge Adapters

"The Granite™ USB 2.0 HIGH-SPEED Bridge Adapter allows any 2.5", 3.5" or 5.25" SATA or IDE Drive to quickly be attached to any computer. This is the perfect tool to duplicate, copy, backup, or transfer large amount of data from one drive to another. Easy to take to any location and universal enough to work with any system.

The complete kit includes a Dual Output Drive Power Supply and all the Auxiliary Cables needed to connect any type of SATA or IDE device.

USB 2.0 Hi-Speed  & USB 1.0
480 Mbit/s Data Transfer
Switched Dual Output Power
ATA 6 Large Drive Support
One Year Warranty"

Oh man I could use this, and it's only $40... I have about a billion old drives laying around the house that I'd like to see what' was on them, but haven't wanted to deal with setup/install/etc...

In a perfect world, it would have a read-only switch on it, but since I only need it for home use, I can live without it.

(via x(perts)64 - Cool new tool/toy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, these are extremely handy, I have something like this myself, dunno the brand, but it works very well, mirrored an laptop drive with this and Acronis Trueimage.. timesaver!