Monday, November 20, 2006

Hemi - Move TFS Work Items From One Project to Another Utility

Eric Lee - A Humble Blog - Work Item Moving Tool is back!

"Hey guys, I've finally had a chance to update my work item moving tool to work with the RTM release of Team Foundation Server. Along the way, I made some modifications and changes that I've wanted to do for a while. I haven't thought of a better name than 'work item mover' so for now I've code-named it if you will 'Hemi'.

I’ve posted the tool to: ...hemi.release.zip . You’ll also need: C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.2.zip..."

If you've been playing with Team Foundation Server (TFS) one of the things you may have wanted to do was to move a number of Work Items from one Project to another, yet found there's no easy way to make such bulk moves... One at a time is easy, but what if you're consolidating projects, moving from many smaller ones into one bigger one?

That's where Hemi comes in. Hemi is a very cool utility which makes it easy to query, copy/move work items from one Project to another (on the same server).

I've tested it out briefly and it works just as advertised, is simple and yet feature complete.

If you're looking to do some bulk work item copies/moves you should check this utility out...

No comments: