Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Name is Greg and I'm a SourceSafe User... (well, sometimes) -- "Visual SourceSafe daylight saving time issues in 2007"

Visual SourceSafe daylight saving time issues in 2007

"Daylight saving time changes

Because of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, the start date and the end date for daylight saving time (DST) in the United States will change in 2007. DST in the United States will start three weeks earlier and will end one week later than in previous years. DST will start at 2:00 A.M. on the second Sunday in March and will end at 2:00 A.M. on the first Sunday in November.

Microsoft Visual SourceSafe uses the operating system for time stamping. Therefore, Visual SourceSafe users will be affected by this change. How you are affected depends on the following:

• The version of Visual SourceSafe that you are using

• Which services you have enabled

All servers and client computers should be updated

All servers and client computers that run Visual SourceSafe 2005 should be updated by using the operating system updates that Microsoft has released to address the DST issue...

If you do not update the servers and client computers, you may lose check-in information

..."

Okay, that last point got my attention.

Yes, for some legacy projects I'm still using SourceSafe. And while I keep my dev machines up to date, I don't control the server...

Time to email someone I guess.

(via ISerializable - Roy Osherove's Blog - Prepare sourcesafe for the daylight time change in the U.S)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! So I'm not the only one in the world still using SourceSafe...

Greg said...

lol...