Thursday, May 31, 2007

WLW Beta 2 "Insert Previous Post" Thoughts...

I had missed the new Insert Previous Post (accessed via the Insert menu, Hyperlink selection, Link To button, Previous Post selection) feature until I saw it mentioned in Darren's post.

I like it, but as of this beta, I don't think it's going to put my WLW Related Post Plugin project out of business. But it could! It's so close...

What it needs is;

  • The ability to search the listed posts (with the ability to list the last 500 posts, a simple search/filter is key)
  • Preview a selected post (i.e. open it in a new browser session)
  • Default the new hyperlinks' Text field to the Title of the selected post. (All of which my plugin does ;)

The one thing I like about WLW's is that it's not limited to the posts available in a given feed (as my plugin currently is), and it is automatically setup to get posts from all the Weblogs you have setup in WLW. Making post cross references much much easier...

It's sooo close... (BTW, just so you don't think I spouting off... I'm making these suggestions "official" on the new "Windows Live Betas" connect.microsoft.com connection)

BTW, if I haven't made it clear, I REALLY like Windows Live Writer. It's by far my favorite Windows blog posting client. My comments and suggestions are only intended to try to make it a little better (for me at least ;)

(via Office Rocker! - Live Writer beta 2)

No comments: