Thursday, May 31, 2007

You May Want to Grab a Copy of Office XP/2003 From MSDN Subscriber Downloads

MSDN Subscriptions WebLog - 30 Days and Counting...

"Important news on Office 2003 and Office XP – Effective June 30, 2007, MSDN Subscriptions will no longer be offering any activation versions of Office 2003 and Office XP from MSDN Subscriber Downloads or on media. We are working with the Office team to provide non-activation versions to replace these editions, and wanted you to be aware now so that you may download any needed Office 2003 and Office XP bits from MSDN Subscriber Downloads before they’re removed later this month. [GD: Emphasis added]

Please note that the existing Volume License versions of these products will continue to be made available on MSDN Subscriber Downloads for MSDN subscribers who purchased their subscriptions through our various Volume Licensing programs.

..."

I'm not really sure what "non-activation version" means, but I assume its a version that doesn't need or require online activation? (I'd assume so, but you know what they say about the word, "assume" ;)

If non-activation versions are provided, that would be cool (if I understand the intent correctly), but just in case I'm downloading the Office 2003 ISO's now... (It's just drive space... I'll put them next to my VB6 ISO's  :)

No comments: