Tuesday, August 14, 2007

VB.Net Library for Amazon's Flexible Payment Service

Phil801 - Geek Blog - Amazon FPS Library for VB.Net

"Amazon released a C# Demo for FPS, but not a VB.Net one. Since VB.Net is my preferred language, I converted the C# library to VB.Net.

It would seem that Amazon will probably continually release new versions of the WSDL in C# - to avoid having to convert it every time and to make future upgrades easy, I wrapped the WSDL in a separate DLL. In the future, all that will need to be done to upgrade it is to replace the WSDL source file in the DLL project and rebuild.

This isn’t a download and run project - FPS is much more complicated than that. Once you extract the zip file, make sure you follow the instructions in the ReadMe.txt file - there is much to do!

..."

I've been thinking about checking out Amazon's FPS. Not sure what I'd charge for, but still I like what I've been reading about it...

(via Amazon Web Services Blog - Amazon Flexible Payments Support Sees Community Support)

No comments: