Friday, November 23, 2007

Using Windows Live Alerts to Get Real Time CodePlex Project Notifications

Angus Logan's Blog - Gotta love Codeplex with Windows Live Alerts

"...

I love that I can be reading email at 10:30 PM (night before thanksgiving, what else would I do?) and I get a little alert telling me the latest build has been prop'd to the production server.

...

How did I do this? I configured Windows Live Alerts to consume the RSS feed from Codeplex, it took about 20 seconds to setup."

This sounds like a cool way to help you keep on top of things for your CodePlex projects...
(If IM clients, like Windows Live Messenger, were not outlawed at my work, I'd look at using the Live Alerts SDK to build Alerts/Notifications into some of our inside the firewall services... but alas...  )

2 comments:

SL said...

The alerts don't just have to be delievered to the Messenger client. They can be delivered to Mobile devices as well as your email inbox.

Greg said...

Good point... And having that capability would let me work around our outbound SMTP port blocking too.

hum....

Okay, I guess I need to take another look at the SDK now. :)