Friday, March 07, 2008

Simi Valley Trails - Long Canyon Trail Photowalk

As I've tweeted and previously commented, I've been doing some hiking in the hills around my city (Simi Valley, CA USA).

I've finally started uploading the pictures to my Live Photo Albums.

This one (Long Canyon Trail album) is from a recent hike on the Long Canyon Trail, at the west end of Simi.

Panorama view from the top of the trail

The coolest thing (IMHO at least) are some fossil layers in some rocks at the top of the trail. We're talking some 1,500 feet above sea level here... (Every time I hike by these the Science Channel comes to mind, causing me to wonder at the geological uplift that must have caused these, the time scales involved, etc... :)

Anyway, for more images of these layers and the trial, check out the album...

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Simi Valley Trails - "Long Canyon Loop"

No comments: