Thursday, May 08, 2008

C/C++ Developer? Live in the Southern California? Want to join an A+ Team in building an MMO? Red 5 Studio's is looking for you...

Because I have this long held secret desire to be part of the building of an MMO, when I received an email from Jeff Lawniczak of Red 5 Studio's asking if was interested in discussing opportunities, I debated replying. I'm not looking for work mind you, hence the debate, but if a perfect dream job were to fall into my lap? Well I'd be silly to not at least chat with him, wouldn't I?

After reviewing their open positions, I didn't feel I was a fit (plus the extra 40+ miles a day to my already 150 mile commute would have killed me) but Jeff still took a bit can gave me a call to chat.

It seems their team is built on a strong foundation of very experienced people with a solid vision for the future of MMO's.

"We are a MMO development studio founded by some of the creators/developers of World of Warcraft, the most popular Massive Multiplayer On Line Game in the world with annual sales exceeding one billion dollars. Our mandate is to continue to attract stellar talent to build the next generation MMOs that stretch the genre and tap into the power of the platform.

Our founders and development team were some of the key components to the immense success of WoW. Our CEO, Mark Kern was the project leader and was instrumental in shepherding it through its successful completion.  ..."

Since they are here in SoCal and are building an MMO (big pluses in my book... ;), I thought the least I could do to help was give a show-out about their positions...

Red 5 Studio's - Available Jobs at Red 5

Plus positions in Art, Design, AI Development, Production and more...

If you're interested and have the skillz, shoot Jeff (jlawniczak@red5studios.com) an email... (and when it goes into beta, keep me in mind... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"my already 150 mile commute"

Damn dude....

I used to drive about 50 miles total, back and forth. I picked up a cruiser motorcycle and that made the miles much more fun.

Damn...

Greg said...

Yeah... Luckily I have a Civic Hybrid (well will have once the shop is done with it http://coolthingoftheday.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-not-to-end-your-morning-commute.html ... only 2-4 weeks until I get it back... sigh).