Friday, May 16, 2008

VisitMix now with dual stream video, video of presenter and presentation

Scott Hanselman's ComputerZen.com - Mix 08 Sessions available in new dual-stream versions using Silverlight

"I posted the month before last that the Mix08 Sessions, mine included, were up and available at http://sessions.visitmix.com. I posted links to the MP4, WMVs and other downloaded versions at the time as well. The Silverlight versions were the same versions, so there wasn't really a compelling reason to use Silverlight.

What I didn't know, however, is that they (the powers that be) not only recorded the slides and demos, but also had cameras going at the same time. They did some post processing (on hundreds of sessions) and those new "dual stream" sessions are up and available online in Silverlight. One stream is a camera on me, and one is the slides and demos.

..."

image

I dig it when Microsoft provides replays conference sessions this way... For me, it adds a whole new level to the effectiveness to the presentation. Seeing the presenter brings me one step closer to feeling like I'm actually there and makes it MUCH less dry...

Microsoft has done this in the past, for example for PDC 2005 (online videos are no longer available, but I still have my DVD's... ;) and I'm glad to see them continuing with it.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
88 Sessions from Mix08 (and sessions from Mix07 and 06 too)
Free WPF Online Training (Windows presentation Foundation from MIX University)

No comments: