Wednesday, November 05, 2008

.Net/Scrum Metaphors

The .NExT Step - Scrum metaphors with .net

“…

Scrum and the whole Agile movement use metaphors help people understand and reason about it. So as I have to blog about .net I will contribute with my own metaphors inspired on the .net Framework. I hope you find it useful and eventually become as powerful as the metaphors already available. Here we go:

  • If a Sprint were a .net Framework type it would be System.String type because it is immutable.
  • If the ScrumMaster were a .net Framework component it will be the CLR because it is the supervisor and responsible for the correct implementation of the Scrum process just as the CLR is the supervisor of all .net programs, guaranteeing certain properties and behaviors.

…”

The first metaphor made me laugh…

No comments: