Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blast from the past – Pictures of a great friend and I when we were in the Army and stationed in South Korea

A great friend and Army buddy, Steve Burleson, whom I’d lost contact with recently hunted me down. We were stationed together in Korea, shared a room in the barracks and hung out way too much…

Here’s some pictures of us he found and posted on his blog (which I’m stealing ;). Now I’m really going to have to hunt down my box of pictures I have from that timeframe. 

Damn, we were so young. (You know I think I still have that shirt… :0  )

And yes, kids, those are “records.” You used to have to put them on a “turn table” and put a “needle” on them to get them to play…

PIX 3.tif

 

LOL. We were just TOO cool for words.

 PIX 2.tif

 

These beards, sent to us by Mom, got us a number of free drinks that night. ;)

PIX 1.tif

 

Update #1 9/18/2009:

STEVE B 1.tif

New Year’s Eve, 1987…

 

Related Past Picture Post XRef:
I was so young then… Pictures of when I was in the National Guard…
Before and After Photo’s… Scary Greg and Good Greg

No comments: