Friday, January 30, 2009

The quick, simple and easy way to start Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool – Start/Run MRT

less than dot - IT Professionals - Cool Way To Launch The Malicious Software Removal Tool

“There is a cool way to launch the Malicious Software Removal Tool by Microsoft. I was listening to the Security Now 180: Listener Feedback 58 podcast and Leo Laporte and Steve Gibson described a cool way to launch the Malicious Software Removal Tool

Here are both ways
1) Click on Start-->Run enter MRT and hit enter

2) …”

I have SO needed this tip! Every so often I feel the need to scan my different PC’s. I know that the Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT) runs monthly, still there are times when I want to run it on demand and I always forget how to launch it.

So I end up searching MS Downloads, getting the latest version, downloading and running it. Yeah, I’m a lamer…

Well hopefully with the above info, I can apply a buff to my Lamer attribute, Lamer–1 ;)

No comments: