Friday, January 09, 2009

Using console GHTMDOC utility to convert HTML/ASPX files into PDF’s

CodeProject - Convert aspx pages to pdf

“…

There have been some articles on converting local files to pdf on this site, but I was looking for a solution to serve dynamic pages directly as PDF. This should be done by using the user's session, eg rendering a user-specific report. 

This article shows a quick and dirty way to accomplish this using ghtmldoc. Ghtmldoc is a GPL licensed program that converts a html file on disk to pdf. I have included a binary version of the program, but feel free to create your own as I'm not sure that it's the latest version. You can find more info on htmldoc at http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/ (I am not in any way connected to them.)

…”

I guess I’m a serious console app kick…

Anyway I’ve been keeping my eyes open from a good, cheap (free) HTML to PDF conversation utility that I can use from .Net for a feature I want to add to my Blogger Backup utility.

All the good conversion libraries I’ve found have all been commercial, and since my utility is open source/source available (and there’s no way I can justify to me DFO spending the funds), the feature has been stalled.

I don’t know if this is the “one” but it looks worth a try…

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Using Tesseract (Open Source OCR from Google) as a tool to learning .Net console application launching and monitoring
Deadlock avoidance when using redirected StandardInput, StandardOutput and StandardError with System.Diagnostics.Process
A C# class to make running, and capturing their output, command line/console applications “slick” and easy (From the author of PoshConsole)
.NET and integration with BCP

No comments: