Friday, December 18, 2009

[Tongue in check humor] Becoming a better blogger while adding 37 minutes to every hour

ProBlogger - How to Be A More Productive Blogger [And Add 37 Minutes to Every Hour!]

“This week, on a busier than normal day, I Tweeted that I wish there were more hours in a day (or that there was a pause button so that time could stand still for a bit so I could catch up). The tweet was of course an attempt at humor but the deluge of replies that I received from that Tweet revealed that I’m not the only blogger out there that wishes they had more time.

How to be a more productive blogger:

  1. Turn off Twitter – 6 minutes an hour
  2. Turn off Facebook – 3 minutes an hour
  3. Stop checking your Traffic Stats – 2 minutes an hour
  4. Stop checking your AdSense Earnings – 2 minutes an hour
  5. Stop Tweaking your blog design – 3 minutes an hour
  6. Stop checking your Google Page Rank – 1 minute an hour
  7. Turn off Email – 5 minutes an hour
  8. Log out of your RSS Feed Reader – 2 minutes an hour
  9. Stop checking to see if someone Dugg your latest post – 1 minute an hour
  10. Stop checking affiliate earnings/e-book sales earnings – 2 minutes an hour
  11. Turn off any other Social Media Sites (LinkedIn/StumbleUpon/Plurk/Reddit etc) – 3 minutes an hour
  12. Turn of Skype, Gtalk and all other IM services – 4 minutes
  13. Stop Reading Blog Tips and Start Blogging – 3 minutes an hour

By my calculations this gives you an extra 37 minutes an hour to do what you need to do. Over an 8 hour work day I’ve just found you a smidgen under 5 hours!

…”

This made be chuckle, at myself as much as anything. “Oh yeah, I do that… and that… and that…”

Yet it also made me think. How much time could I recover if I just shutdown Twitter/FeedDemon/email/etc? Hum…

The above could also be turned in a “You know you’re a blogger when…” or “You know you have a blogging problem when…” series of jokes too (You know you’re a blogger when…you spend 3 minutes of every hour tweaking your blog design…  ;)

No comments: