Friday, February 12, 2010

SQL Server, oh SQL Server, what are you doing, are you well? Let me listen to your heart, your SQL Heartbeat that is…

John Paul Cook - SQL Heartbeat – my favorite free tool

“There are many great scripts available for monitoring SQL Server. But admit it, don’t you miss animation and color? I’ve been using SQL Heartbeat for about two weeks and I really appreciate the animation and color. These features make the output highly effective and easy to grasp. Processes grow larger as they use more resources. Lines appear between processes when locking occurs. I find the tool so useful I leave it up all day on my secondary monitor. There have been several times when the only reason I noticed something important was because of the animated effects catching my eye. …

image…”

SQL SolutionsSQL Heartbeat

Monitor activity on your server for FREE!

  • Monitor server wait categories
  • Monitor IO activity
  • Check your current Cache Hits ratio
  • Analyze your I/O system performance
  • Get details about active processes
  • Display locks and deadlocks

image …”

Free as in free, not even reg-ware… Nice.

This is something I’m sure I’m going to need in the next few weeks (it’s a long story).

No comments: