Saturday, February 27, 2010

What’s New in Visual Studio 2010 & .Net 4 – The Official MSDN Source

MSDN - What's New in Visual Studio 2010

“This topic contains links to information about new features and enhancements in Visual Studio 2010 and associated service releases.

 image

…”

MSDN - What's New in the .NET Framework 4

“This topic contains information about key features and improvements in the .NET Framework version 4. This topic does not provide comprehensive information about all new features and is subject to change.

The .NET Framework 4 introduces an improved security model. For more information, see Security Changes in the .NET Framework 4.

Other new features and improvements in the .NET Framework 4 are described in the following sections:

  • Application Compatibility and Deployment
  • Core New Features and Improvements
  • Managed Extensibility Framework
  • Parallel Computing
  • Networking
  • Web
  • Client
  • Data
  • Communications and Workflow

image

…”

I’ve been asked, “So I’ve heard about VS2010… What’s new with it?” which usually causes me to stop and pause. Given the massive number and scope of additions, changes, enhancements and general coolness, I find myself almost at a loss for words. Of course, me being me, that pause is short and once I start, it’s hard to stop… lol

Still, almost every time, I forget about something (given the scope, that’s understandable ;)

When I saw this I wanted to grab it both so I could use it as a refresher and as a place where I can refer others.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
“Can you tell me about VS2010 in 5 Minutes?” The Visual Studio Quick Reference Guidance project can…

No comments: