Sunday, June 20, 2010

A short, sweet and concise four step guide for installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7 (x64)

Dahnesh's Blog - Setting up SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7

“Some of you may want to install SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2010 Foundation on Windows 7 for development and testing purposes. I have also managed to do so and thought I would quickly share some of the key steps for this setup.

Firstly, the article I referred to for this setup is here and here are the steps I followed:

image …”

I thought this short and very perspective guide for installing SharePoint 2010 on Win7 great and given the SharePoint goodness in VS2010 something I wanted to capture for future reference. or need.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Three Pages + SharePoint 2010 + PowerShell = “PowerShell for SharePoint 2010” Cheat Sheet
VSeWSS Import Tool – Think “VS2008/SharePoint 2007 to VS2010/SharePoint 2010 Upgrade/Migration” Tool
Step by step (aka Dummies or Busy Dev Guy) guide to installing SharePoint 2010 in a virtual machine free eBook (Reg-ware)
I call him Mini-SharePoint! – SharePoint Foundation 2010 (i.e. new version of WSS/Windows SharePoint Services with a new name)

No comments: