Wednesday, May 11, 2011

16 Windows Phone 7 Game Dev Tips

Mobile DZone - 16 Ways to Make your WP7 Game Better

"One of the great things about Windows Phone 7 is all the games available.

Over the last few weeks, I've definitley spent more time than I probably should playing just a few of them.

Not being one to miss an opportunity to find ways to improve the apps (and games) I'm working on and may build in the future, I've been looking for lessons I can learn from other people's games. Some of these lessons are based on identifying things which some games do well, some on things some games do badly and some on my own ideas and observations.

In the hope that these lessons can also help you improve the apps you create, here's the list of points I've drawn up. This is in no way an absolute or complete list but that shouldn't invalidate it's value. (While specifically relating to games, many of these points could be applied to any application.)

...

SNAGHTML1828453..."

One of these days (when my carrier gets a WP7 phone... sigh) I'm going to want to do some WP7 dev and these tips looks like ones to take to the bank...

No comments: