Monday, December 26, 2011

The Android Eye for the .Net Guy... The Android for .NET Developers Series by Dino Esposito

DotNetSlackers - Dino Esposito

The Android for .NET Developers Series

  • Part 1 Starting with this article, I'll discuss what you need to know to approach Android programming without any aid from your .NET expertise.
  • Part 2 In this article, we'll go through an Android application that accepts input from the user and handles user's clicking.
  • Part 3 In this article, you will learn how to build the user interface.
  • Part 4 In this article, I'll be delving deep into menus and dialog boxes in Android for .NET, and discuss a few very common (and frequently used) types of menus and dialogs.
  • Part 5 In this article, Dino Esposito focuses on the options that the Android SDK offers for local storage.
  • Part 6 In this article, Dino Esposito shows how to build settings dialog boxes using a built-in feature of Android for .NET.
  • Part 7 In this article, I'll dissect the code of a realistic application - a waterpolo score manager - to show how to save and resume the status of a game using both the internal storage and SD card.
  • Part 8 In this article, I'll focus on the execution of common tasks from within an Android application. I'll build the skeleton of an application that takes a photo and emails to the specified address. For both tasks I'll use native Android components.
  • Part 9 In this article, I'll discuss how to arrange an Android view where the dominant element is the list. I'll start with a plain list of strings and then improve up to populating a listview with downloaded content arranged using a custom layout.
  • Now that Santa brought me an android device (kind of one anyway... a Kindle Fire ;) I'll be keeping my eyes open for means to dev stuff for it...

    No comments: