Friday, June 15, 2007

IE7Pro v0.9.18 Released - Inline, Firefox like Spell Checking Added

I just noticed that one of my favorite, must have, IE7 addin/addon/plugin/thing, IE7Pro, has rev'ed to v0.9.18.

Here's a snip from the homepage;

"Changelogs: IE7Pro v0.9.18 (01-06-2007):
  1. Firefox style Spelling Check function added (thanks http://hunspell.sf.net).
  2. Adblock default settings switch to off.
  3. Fix some bugs.
  4. Standalone spelling check dictionary installation package.

..."

What attracted me to this release was the inline spell check. While I doubt I'll be uninstalling the king of IE spell checkers, ieSpell, IE7Pro's makes a cool addition.

The upgrade from my previous version was very smooth, no uninstalling required...

One thing to remember, you need to turn IE7Pro's Spell Checking on form field by form field (which is a good thing), meaning you need to opt-in for spell checking a given field.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
IE7Pro - Must have IE7 Add-on?
ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer - v2.1.1 (build 325) released! 01/22/2005
ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everytime I try to enable IE7Pro on my browser, after a few hours using the browser, my whole system starts to misbehave. I mean, IE stops responding, menus (even in other apps) stop, right-clicks do nothing, etc. I was wondering if anybody else had similar issues. Just for completeness, I also have IEDevToolbar and ieHttpHeaders installed.