Tuesday, January 29, 2008

TFS 2005 to 2008 Upgrade Underway...

Our TFS 2008 DVD's came in yesterday and this morning is the upgrade...

Prior to kicking off the TFS2008 setup I read the doc's, made sure to uninstall TFS Web Access 2005, TFS2005 and VS2008 stuff.

 

Here we go...

I'm currently backing up the SQL Databases... I like how the setup is doing its best to keep me honest and encourage "best practices" (i.e. keeping me from being lazy  ;)

image

Backup done, box checked, next...

 

image

Ok, everything looks good.

Now set some TFS accounts.

Then...

image

Okay, here we go... Fingers crossed? Clicking on install... right... now...

image

 

image

Yes.

And after letting it reboot, it works perfectly. Rock on!

Now to install VSTS Web Access 2008, upgrade our Team Build workstations, etc, etc.. But the scary part is done... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
How can i made sur to uninstall TFS Web Access 2005,TFS2005 and VS2008 stuff ??

0. I had TFS 2005 + Team explorer + Team Build +...

1. I installed TFS2008 in directory of TFS 2005

2. I installed Team Explorer 2008
3. I installed Team Build 2008

& that work.

I didn't uninstall any program, Do you think I will have the problem?

Greg said...

Well I'd say if everything TFS2008 Setup didn't complain (i.e. it didn't ask/force you to uninstall anything) and if TFS2008 seems to be working okay, that you should be good?

But I'd keep a close eye on the system just in case...

Yeah, I know, that wasn't much help, but my thinking is that if it's working then it's working...