Monday, April 14, 2008

SQL Server 2008, the FILESTREAM Attribute and Partitioning - Apparently not as easy as it looks (yet at least)...

In Recovery... - Paul S. Randal on SQL Server - SQL Server 2008: How to get FILESTREAM and partitioning to work

"Now we're back from Iceland and I have a week to catch up with some content development before the MVP Summit next week and then SQL Connections the following week.

One of the things I struggled with earlier in the year while writing a SQL Server 2008 training course for Microsoft was how to get FILESTREAM to work with partitioning. There wasn't (and still isn't) any information in Books Online that I could find so I had to play around to figure it out.

I should say that the CTP-6/February CTP version of Books Online *does* have a bunch of code examples around using FILESTREAM, so I'm not going to write a blog post about that. ...

..."

The FILESTREAM attribute is of great interest to me and Partitioning is gaining ground in my mental "interest" lists, so I wanted to note this...

(via SQL Server, BizTalk Server, le 64 bits et au-delà !... - SQL Server 2008: How to get FILESTREAM and partitioning to work)

No comments: