Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Annoying.Js - One include, many irritated users...

Qink - Annoying.Js - How To Be An Asshole

"Kilian Valkhof came across a website that had a whole slew of JavaScript that attempted to prevent you from selecting text, right clicking or dragging any content onto your desktop.

So he decided to copy the JavaScript and create a library with examples of JavaScript techniques you can use if you want to scare your visitors away, or want to piss them off. Annoying.js is the result.

..."

Kilian Valkhof - Annoying.js: How to be an asshole

"In January I came across a website that had a whole slew of JavaScript that attempted to prevent you from selecting text, right clicking or dragging any content onto your desktop. I decided to copy the JavaScript and create a library with examples of JavaScript techniques you can use if you want to scare your visitors away, or want to piss them off. Annoying.js is the result

...

SNAGHTML4a1173bd..."

As a web curator it bugs me when a site locks down their page, making it extra hard to try to highlight their pages. In most cases, if it's that hard I skip it... just not enough hours left in my life to fight a web page. So when I saw this I had to laugh (in that sad kind of way).

Got to love code block that beings with a comment like that... lol

No comments: