Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Design for Software: a playbook for developers"

Clarity Consulting - Design for Software: a playbook for developers

"...

Talk Overview

The bar for premium user experience has been rising slowly over the past 5 years. And as a result traditional design and technology are starting to converge in a very unique way. To be honest, I never expected to be giving a design process talk to a packed full room of developers. But here we are…and I couldn’t be more excited as more design thinking is being embraced by the technology community.

In the talk below I attempt to lay out a framework for a minimal design process that has been cherry picked for software. The goal of the talk is not to give a design 101 lecture, but give somewhat of a “playbook” or a checklist of design activities and resources you can start using tomorrow to enhance your next software project.

Design Process Overview

The talk gives a ton of examples and resources I use everyday to help me arrive at a well designed piece of software. The process I describe below is a streamlined version of the full design process as we use here at Clarity. At high level the slides go into some detail about the following:

...

image..."

Given my UI design skills, or rather lack thereof, I can use all the help I can get...

And how can you go wrong when this is the third slide?  :)

image

No comments: