Monday, July 11, 2011

LINQ to Twitter to NuGet

Joe Mayo - Creating a NuGet Package for LINQ to Twitter

“Giovanni Bassi published the original NuGet package for LINQ to Twitter (L2T), which I'm appreciative of. Since then, I have yet to do a release myself, but that is changing now. The current version of LINQ to Twitter is stable enough for a release, so the time is right. I think there are a few aspects of a LINQ to Twitter NuGet package that aren't as simple as point at a project and your done, so I'll document my process here in case anyone else is interested.

Getting Started

I had played around with NuGet during one of it's earliest releases, building a package and setting up a personal test server, so I was familiar enough to know where to start. The project has pretty decent documentation, which is where I started. Visiting the site http://nuget.org and clicking on documentation brought me to http://docs.nuget.org. Nice layout, I clicked on Creating and Publishing a Package, under the Creating Packages section.

image …”

I dig these kinds of real life stories. Joe, who’s been working on his LINQ to Twitter for forever (well since 2008), shares the story of how he created a NuGet package for the library, the good, the bad (i.e. issues he ran into and how he solved them) and what he was thinking throughout the process…

 

Related Past Post XRef:
LINQ[Pad] to Twitter
LINQ to Twitter v0.01 Released – Timelines in this release…

No comments: