Visual Studio Async CTP (Version 3) Released - Lots of compatibility added, bugs squashed, features added and the EULA updated to allow Production usage (not encouraged, but it IS allowed now)
"The Visual Studio Async CTP (Version 3) extends Visual Studio 2010, providing a new, streamlined syntax for asynchronous development.
Date Published: 10/31/2011
File Name: Async-CTP-v3.exe, 22.0 MB
The original Async CTP from PDC 10 brought asynchronous programming to C# and Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2010. This update brings the following:
- Compatible with Visual Studio 2010 SP1, which is now required.
- Compatible with non-English installations of Visual Studio and with Visual Studio Express.
- Compatible with Silverlight 5.
- Compatible with Windows Phone SDK 7.1 (Mango).
- Compatible with Roslyn CTP
- Includes various bug-fixes and changes, detailed in the Readme and documentation.
- Includes a new EULA for production use. Note - This license does not constitute encouragement for you to use the CTP for your production code. The CTP remains an unsupported and use-at-your-own-risk Technology Preview. However, we’ve received many requests from developers to use the CTP for production code, and so have changed the license to allow that.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP, SP1 versions of Visual Studio 2010 Professional, Premium, Ultimate, or Express
I hope when this RTM's that they will continue to support VS2010, etc. Looks like they will, but you never know...
Related Past Post XRef:
PDC10 Async Round-up