Monday, August 09, 2004

Windows XP SP2 installed...

Downloaded the RTM of WindowsXP SP2 and installed it this weekend. On my wifes computer... :|

Went pretty darn smooth. Everything seems to be working, so far.
Only a couple minor issues. MSN IM wanted to repair/reinstall itself. It couldn't find its install MSI (I'm guessing this happened since we did a "open" type download to install and IE's cache has been cleared since then). A couple cancels and it went away (and MSN IM still worked).

After rebooting from that, the firewall seemed to have gotten itself disabled. So the cool new Security Center popped up letting me know it was off. Turned the firewall back on and rebooted. Since then it seems to be working okay.

The Security Center antivirus section complained that it couldn't find a AV product, even though NAV 2004 is installed, up to date and on. So I told it to just shut up and ignore the AV check.

No nasty-grams from my wife yet, after just over 2 days of running SP2, so I'm closing her support ticket. :)

As for my other machines... Well those are going to wait a week or two. I don't want MY machine jacked. ;)


No comments: