Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Blogger "Issues"

Monday, November 29, 2004

"We've had to restart the databases multiple times today because of server freezes. During the freezes, users would have encountered error pages when trying to access their blogs.

We're planning on a number of improvements this week to address this very serious situation. First, we will be pushing new code to both gather information on these freezes as well as revise some features to put less strain on the database. Second, we will be effectively doubling the number of machines used to handle the db workload...."


Blogger has been having a tough couple days... I've lost a couple posts and am having a really tough time posting (tons of time outs, double posts, freezing during posting, etc, etc). I'm not complaining mind you. Blogger has worked great for me and the price is just right...

In any case, to try to save what little sanity I have left (and if I can control myself), I'm going to hold off posting for a couple days. (Actually I'll be posting offline with w.bloggar and will publish when things are a little more stable).

I'm probably lying and will continue to post as usual, bitching-and-moaning the entire time, but just in case, this is my CYA.

:)

No comments: