Friday, January 14, 2005

Honda to lease fuel cell vehicles to U.S. individuals

Japan Today - News - Honda to lease fuel cell vehicles to U.S. individuals - Japan's Leading International News Network

"DETROIT Honda Motor Co announced Tuesday that it will start leasing its pollution-free fuel cell vehicles to individual customers in the United States by the end of 2005, becoming the first automaker to do so.
At present, Honda and Toyota Motor Corp are marketing fuel cell vehicles to corporate clients and U.S. public entities on a leasing fee basis in both Japan and the United States. (Kyodo News)"


I have a Civic Hybrid and am very happy with it. Real world Los Angeles driving gets me 40-45 MPG. Still I'd rather not be buying gas at all. I've been waiting for a feasible non-gas vehicle for a while. CNG is close, but not close enough.

I really want a fuel cell car...

What really kind of pisses me off is that I have to buy my hybrid compact car from a non-US auto dealer. And now it looks like I might have to buy a fuel cell car from a non-US dealer too?

US Automakers. WAKE UP. I WANT to buy your products, but can't cause the only hybrids offered are SUV's. Um DUGH! I'm trying to SAVE gas here...

Sigh... sorry. Didn't mean to rant.

Here's to hoping that my next car will have a fuel cell based power plant...

(via Ed Draper - Honda to lease fuel cell vehicles to U.S. individuals

No comments: