Thursday, March 31, 2005

Using Bloglines To Track Podcasts

Using Bloglines To Track Podcasts

"... Subscribe to Podcasts in Bloglines

If you are new to podcasting, find a few to sample by checking out some of the online guides to the new art, like www.ipodder.org or www.podcastingnews.com. Every podcast has an RSS feed, so simply subscribe to your favorites as you would any other kind of blog or news feed in Bloglines.

Once you subscribe to a podcast feed in Bloglines, it will be added to your personal My Feeds list. When a new podcast is available, you'll see the alert next to that feed. Each podcast update has a text note accompanied by an enclosure icon that links to the audio podcast file. Simply click on that enclosure link to start the podcast. That will launch your desktop media player ..."


This is the first time I've seen this Bloglines tip. I didn't know it supported enclosures. That's cool.

So now I might have to get into the whole podcast thing... sigh. Well in my case it will be a "Convert to wav so it plays in my car's lame, no MP3 support, CD player cast" which I officially dub LameCast... ;)

No comments: