Sunday, May 15, 2005

DDL Queries For MS Access

Create Table Query and More Hidden Access SQL Queries

"When I first tried to create tables automatically in Access a couple of years ago, I fell back on my SQL background and went hunting for the Create Table command. But I didn't find it in the help and resorted to using more manual methods. When I was asked this question late last year, I had another look and found that all the SQL table management commands were actually supported. These commands are as follows

Create Table
Create Index
Alter Table
Constraint
Drop table ..."


Just what I needed... I needed a way to easily, via ADO.Net, create a primary index for an Access table (so I can use the dynamic Delete/Update features of the Data Adapter).

I'm glad I can just use a SQL statement to do it... Always nice to leverage my SQL Server skills... :)

Here's another article on this subject from MSDN, Fundamental Microsoft Jet SQL for Access 2000


No comments: