Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Xenoppix (Knoppix + Xen) LiveCD

virtualization.info: Running Xen from a liveCD

"What happens when the most famous open source virtualization project (Xen) meets the most famous open source liveCD project (Knoppix)? Xenoppix.

Xenoppix is a new Knoppix 4.0 customization including the Xen package and 2 pre-made guest OSes: NetBSD and Plan9.

..."


Cool.... After T-day I want to download the DVD ISO and check this out.

Too bad VPC can't mount DVD sized ISO's... ;)

5 comments:

JP said...

Daemon Tools can mount that ISO as a drive letter and then you can mount the drive letter from the VPC menu.

Bryant Likes said...

JP beat me to posting about Daemon tools. I use the same setup and it works great.

Greg said...

I've done that before and sometimes it worked and sometimes I had weird problems...

BUT I've not tried it with the latest version nor since I've moved to XP.

Sure is worth giving it try again. Not much to loose trying it... ;)

Thanks guys...

Anonymous said...

I want to point out there is another distri based on debain using Xen

http://cosi.clarkson.edu/xen/

Greg said...

Cool... thanks