Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Testing a New Blog Post Client (PowerBlog)

I am on a quest for a good Windows Blogger client.


I like BlogJet a good deal, but $40 with only minor version updates free has put me off a little.


So I've been hunting for another cheaper/free windows blogging client that matches the features of BlogJet and fits my blogging style.


It's not been pretty.


There are a number of Windows Blogger clients, and I feel like I've played with them all recently... Today it's PowerBlog.


So far it seems like a good candidate. It's free, has WYSIWYG (I want to write my blog posts, not craft HTML), supports Blogger, and since it hosts the IE HTML editor supports my spell checker (ieSpell). Its shortcuts match what I'm used to (CTRL-K to insert a link, etc), supports good cut-n-pasting and more.


Now I just need to post this and see how it looks.


;)


Update #1:
No title post? I have one in my local post. sigh... Maybe a template like issue? Gee maybe I should RTFM?


Update #2:
Posting an update seemed to TOTALLY jack my blog. Maybe it's a Blogger thing, maybe the client, but I'm deleting this post now...


Time to pony up and pay for BlogJet I guess...


Update #3:
My link to ieSpell was TOTALLY jacked. This was what was causing my above problem. How it got jacked is the question... And I still don't have a post title.


Update #4:
Okay, I think I've found the fix (via the forum). Let's post this and see...


BTW, don't get me wrong. PowerBlog seems to be a VERY cool client. You can tell a great deal of love and work has gone into this app. If I move onto another app, it's not because this one is not good, just that it doesn't fit me...


Update #4a:
LOL. I have a post, but no body. LOL!
Editing article template...


Update #4b:
I think I've got it. In the end, I think I dig the article template feature...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try post2blog found here:
http://bytescout.com/index.php

I have been using for about a week or two now and really like it.

Greg said...

That does look cool.

Downloading and installing now.