Monday, February 27, 2006

DOM Helper: A new and improved CSS Editor for IE

Hairy Spider Blog - Announcing DOM Helper: A new and improved CSS Editor

”Well I've finally got round to producing the inline CSS editor that I wanted to do in the first place. The first stab, was in C++ and although it worked, it was a complete nightmare. It didn't allow you to alter CSS files that were loaded as "@import". This new version does, it parses the CSS and adds each individual rule back to the style sheet. Simply replacing the CSSText caused a memory corruption error in MSHTML. It's been re-written it in C# using Pavel Zolnikov's BandObjects. I've also added a few extras such as a DOM Explorer and the ability to add plugins to the band object.While it's been writting in C# 2.0 there's not much use of the new version 2 features. Mind I was most satisfied with my first foray into using generics. I didn't think that there'd be much use for them but I did find a use, albeit slightly contrived.

…”

This is an interesting IE toolbar.  In part, much like the IE Developer Toolbar, but this DOM Explorer is prettier…  ;)

(via help.net - DOM Helper for IE)

No comments: