Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Testing Story I Found Funny...

Testing the Guiding Edge - thougths about 6 sigma - old story



"... Since we were the engineers actually writing and downloading the code for the aircrafts (B1 and B2).

 

I was young kid out of college - so I was one of the developers. 

 

But my experience with 6-sigma was a look bit more personal at that time.  My boss was working 70-80 hours a week going back and forth through the test and analysis.   We were out at Edwards Air force base

 

His quote to me one late night as I was questioning about these analysis. Hey the code work - right let’s do it. :)

 

That’s when I found out he had to actually fly with the pilot in the aircraft to monitor various system.  And said if it crashed - I was the next up for flying on the next prototype aircraft.  Brought it kind of home."

 

Put a Developer in the shoes of his/her User and it’s funny how quickly things can be fixed or made to work right. (Been there, done that)



I’m a strong believer that a developer must understand and "know the pain" of his/her app’s users. This post kind of takes that concept to the extreme...

No comments: