Friday, August 18, 2006

Now that's having a bad day. "An electrocuted bird ignited a small grass fire..."

Ventura County Star - Bird starts small Simi grass fire (Reg. Required)

"An electrocuted bird ignited a small grass fire near Simi Valley today, an official said.

Shortly after 8:30 a.m., a bird flew onto a high-voltage power line on the Brandeis-Bardin Institute property and was electrocuted, said Ventura County Fire Capt. Barry Parker. The bird caught on fire and the flames spread to nearby grass when it hit the ground.

The fire grew to two acres before firefighters knocked it down. Although the institute's buildings were nearby, they were not in any serious danger, Parker said. ..."

I may be going to hell for it, but I just had to laugh when I read this.

And I thought I was having a bad day...

No comments: