Saturday, October 14, 2006

ExControls Version 1.0 - "Round" UI Controls

The Code Project - ExControls Version 1.0


"...

The ExControls library uses round rectangle effects to render the controls as show in the screenshots in the beginning of the article. The following controls have been implemented:

LabelEntry
TextEntry
ComboBoxEntry
ListBoxEntry
DateTimePickerEntry
LinkLabelEntry
MaskedEditEntry
MonthCalendarEntry
PictureBoxEntry
RoundCornerPanel
RoundRectForm
ExLabel
ExTextBox

..."

I'm currently in a "I hate my UI's. They are all FUBLY [FUnctional But ugLY]..." phase. So I'm keyed on UI libraries/controls/etc that I can include in my OSS projects.

Now I don't like inundate my users with TOO much glitz, but a little never hurts. I want a "that looks cool" initial reaction and "it doesn't make me want to poke my own eyes out" long term usage feedback (i.e. "less is more," etc).

Anyway, these controls look interesting and with judicious use might help...

No comments: