Wednesday, December 06, 2006

XNA Game Studio Express Launch - December 11th

XBOX 360 Fanboy - XNA Studio launch parrrtay!

"To celebrate the launch of XNA Game Studio Express and the XNA Creators Club, the XNA Team is holding a launch party Monday, December 11th from 6-8 PM at Microsoft's Millennium Campus. Not only will you be able to get your hands on the final build of XNA, but you'll be able to mingle with the masterminds behind it..."

Wow... That seems like a fast release cycle, doesn't it? I mean it seems like we just started hearing about XNA Game Studio this year? Just a few months ago? And now it's released? Rock On MS...

My son is pretty excited and this may help give him that final reason to sit down and start coding (which may be the final push I need to start the download of C# into my brain... Can't let my boy out code me... ;)

I'm not sure about the $99 annual fee to let us access XNA apps on the 360, but then again there's a serious "cool factor" in coding up a quick game/app in my bedroom and seeing it run on my 360...

No comments: