Sunday, August 19, 2007

URL File Downloader Project - Download Files, including HTML, Asynchronously

Scott Dorman - URL File Downloader for .NET Updates

"It's been a while since I wrote the first version of my FileDownloader article and class. Since that time, there have been a lot of positive comments about the article and a handful of feature requests. I finally made the time to update the classes and the article and resubmit it to The Code Project. This update has the following new methods and properties:

...
DownloadHtml
Gets or sets a value indicating if HTML pages should be allowed to be downloaded.
...
DownloadAsync
Begin downloading the file at the specified URL, and save it to the current folder.

..."

The Code Project - An easy-to-use URL file downloader class for .NET

"For one of my projects at work, I needed the ability to download a file from a given URL. Unfortunately, the methods provided by the WebClient class don't do anything more than download the data. I needed something that gave the ability to provide progress feedback and that was resumable.

As I started my searches on the web for any existing code, I came across two articles on CodeProject that helped get me very close to what I needed. The first article was by John Batte, while the second article by Phil Crosby was a derivation of his work. Using both of these articles as a starting point, I was able to make another derivation that accomplished my goals.

..."

This is a cool project that I am looking at using in my Blogger Backup utility... Both for the image backup feature and the "As it looks like on the blog" HTML backup option.

No comments: