Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Class Diagrams Now Available for Infragistics NetAdvantage (2007, Vol 3)

Tim Hitchings - NetAdvantage .NET 2007 Volume 3 Class Diagrams In PDF Format

"On the trials section of our web site: http://www.infragistics.com/downloads/default.aspx?id=2620 and in the My Downloads page:  https://www.infragistics.com/Membership/Default.aspx?panel=Downloads#Downloads you will now find Class Diagrams of all the component classes in NetAdvantage .NET 2007 Volume 3.

The Class Diagrams are located in the link "NetAdvantage for .NET Vol. 3 Docs (PDF)".

Class Diagrams for all product releases from now on.

..." [Post leached almost in full]

When I'm trying to wrap my head around a schema or object model, diagrams are my best friend. I've always found that they make it much easier to understand the scope, relationships, etc.

If you've ever used Infragistics NetAdvantage suite you'll know what a monster it is (not a bad, destroy the city, monster, just a big beast that's very hard to see the whole thing if you're too close...).

When I saw Tim's post that they are now providing class diagrams I immediately started downloading...

image

They are fairly raw Visual Studio 2005 Class Diagrams (raw meaning not highly commented, etc). Still I think they are pretty darn cool and a great addition to their documentation.

If you're a hard copy person (like me) some are easier to print than others, but with a little tweaking it's do'able. For example, the WinGrid class diagram prints very legibly at 50% zoom, tiled across 2 11x17" pages.

 

All in all, if your using the Infragistics NetAdvantage suite these may come in handy for you...

No comments: